Aragon Monthly is a community-curated monthly digital newspaper about Decentralized Autonomous Organizations and the Aragon ecosystem
Content curation is the process of gathering information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest.
Aragon Monthly is created by the community, for the community.
Anyone can contribute by creating or requesting new content regarding Decentralized Autonomous Organizations or about anything related to the Aragon ecosystem.
How does this work?
- Community members, Contributors and Editors create Issues for News, Articles and Classifieds
- These Issues are requests for new content to the upcoming newspaper issue
- Issues that get "upvoted" by the community will have a
bountylabel added and that
bountywill be funded to incentivise fulfillment of that request
- Editors can also add the
bountylabel to any Issue they consider to be interesting content
- Once a bounty label has been added, anyone can send funds (ETH or ERC20 tokens) to the smart contract and help fund that bounty
- Editors can also add the
- Anyone can contribute to creating the requested content on Issues by creating a new Pull Request that fills the request
- By creating a new Pull Request that
Closes issue #X, anyone is free to claim the bounty on that Issue
- These will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis
- Editors are community members that frequently contribute high quality content and have priority over other contributors. They can assign themselves to Issues in order to signal their intent to fulfill that particular Issue
- By creating a new Pull Request that
- At the end of the month, Pull Requests are frozen and any open Issues are cleaned
- Editors will evaluate open Issues to see if they think it should be carried over to the next newspaper issue and close all remaining ones
- Reviewers and Editors will review all open Pull Requests and either merge or close those accordingly
- The Editor-in-chief makes sure that all completed Pull Requests are merged, compiles the Front Page and ensures that everything is working fine, publishes the Monthly newspaper issue to https://monthly.aragon.one/ and sends out the Aragon Monthly Newsletter
How can I contribute?
1) By creating new content!
There's a few different ways to contribute new content:
There's news happening all the time and we're looking to have all the interesting content presented in the newspaper!
- Submit a Pull Request with the News content and wait for it to be reviewed and merged
- If you feel like writing about a topic that someone else has requested to read about in Issues
- If you want to contribute fresh, original, new content for the newspaper
2) By requesting new content!
If you have a topic that you would like to read about, create a New Issue with a descriptive Title and a clear description of the type of content you would want to see in Aragon Monthly.
Be sure to include all the details in the new issue as described in the Guide for submitting a new Issue
The Editor-in-chief is the publication's editorial leader who has final responsibility for its operations and policies.
- Editor-in-chief - @krrisis
Editors are people who regularly provide content to the publication and make sure that the content is always high quality. They write articles, review Pull Requests, and are generally active in the creation of this publication.
- Editor - @john-light
- Editor - @bradymck
- Editor - @ChaceHunter
- Editor - @eordano
- Editor - @ericschallock
- Editor - @lkngtn
- Editor - @ludmila-omlopes
- Editor - @shyBlugs
- Editor - @dxiri
- Editor - csggene3
- Editor - [@jakerockland](https://github.com/jakerockland]
- Editor - @Joshfairhead
Reviewers are people who contribute by helping review new content submitted via Pull Requests.
Columnists are people dedicated to contributing quality content for an extended period of time - usually on the same subject area or theme each time - that typically contains the author's opinion or point of view.
- Editor/Reviewer/Columnist - Get your name here by contributing!
- Make Aragon Monthly so successful that there's a demand for Aragon Weekly
- Turn Aragon Monthly into a DAO that fully governs the project
More info for editors
How do I run a local version of the site for editing?
- Install MkDocs
- Install mkdocs-material using Python,
pip install mkdocs-material
- In the
- Open http://localhost:8000/ in your browser
What does the
aragon-monthly directory structure look like?
mkdocs.yml docs/ ├─ archive/ │ ├─ issue00/ │ └─ issue01/ ├─ articles/ │ ├─ columns │ │ ├─ images/ │ │ └─ name_of_column.md │ ├─ editorial/ │ │ ├─ images/ │ │ └─ title_of_editorial.md │ └─ opinion/ │ │ ├─ images/ │ │ └─ title_of_opinion_piece.md │ └─ index.md ├─ classifieds/ │ └─ index.md ├─ contributors/ │ ├─ columnists.md │ ├─ contributors.md │ ├─ editors.md │ ├─ index.md │ └─ reviewers.md ├─ guides/ │ ├─ guide_for_submitting_a_new_issue.md │ ├─ guide_for_submitting_a_new_pull_request.md │ ├─ guide_for_submitting_articles.md │ ├─ guide_for_submitting_classifieds.md │ ├─ guide_for_submitting_news.md │ ├─ index.md │ ├─ new_issue_template.md │ ├─ new_pull_request_template.md │ └─ repository_structure.md ├─ images/ │ ├─ favicon.ico │ ├─ logo.svg │ ├─ monthly_no_image.png │ └─ monthly.png ├─ info/ │ └─ index.md ├─ news/ │ ├─ aragon.md │ ├─ daos.md │ ├─ name_of_tag.md │ └─ index.md ├─ newsletter/ │ └─ index.md ├─ stylesheets/ │ └─ custom.css ├─ CNAME └─ index.md
Where can I find the empty templates and how do I fill them?
You can find all the templates in the guides for news, articles and classifieds here, below the most frequently used for reference. If you get stuck, check the code from previous issues in the archive.
News - see guide here
[**Title**](URI_to_news) | [**Title**](URI_to_news) | [**Title**](URI_to_news) | :-----------:|:-----------:|:-----------:| [_Tag_](tag.md) | [_Tag_](tag.md) | [_Tag_](tag.md) | [<img src="../../images/image_name.png">](URI_to_news) | [<img src="../../images/image_name.png">](URI_to_news) | [<img src="../../images/image_name.png">](URI_to_news) | _Author [Author Name](URI_to_author_profile) on Month Date#_ | _Author [Author Name](URI_to_author_profile) on Month Date#_ | _Author [Author Name](URI_to_author_profile) on Month Date#_ | **Subtitle** Description of the content in the news. | **Subtitle** Description of the content in the news. | **Subtitle** Description of the content in the news. | [Read More](URI_to_news) | [Read More](URI_to_news) | [Read More](URI_to_news) |
Articles - see guide here
# Title > **Subtitle** _Author [Author Name / @author_GitHub_username](https://github.com/author_GitHub_username)_ !(images/image_name.png) Bunch of text. ## Sub-Title / Header Bunch of text. ## Sub-Title / Header Bunch of text.
Classifieds - see guide here
[<h2>Title</h2>](URI) | :-----------| Description | [Learn More](URI) |